5 Reasons To Consider Leasing
In the market for a new car? Maybe you are focused on picking the type of car, the color, and the extra features, but there are other important decisions that need to be made. Perhaps the biggest decision is whether to lease or buy the car.
Although many people focus on purchasing a car, leasing is also a great, and popular, option. There are a number of reasons that leasing a car may be the best fit for you, your lifestyle, and your budget.
What does it mean to lease a car?
First things first…what does it mean to lease a car? Leasing a car allows you to drive the newest models on the market without the large down payment that comes with buying a car or taking out a loan. After putting down a small deposit, you make monthly payments until the lease term is up and you return the car.
What are the benefits of leasing a car?
- You will have more cash in your pocket. With a lease, you may be able to negotiate for a lower down payment with higher monthly payments or a longer lease period that spreads out the monthly payments. Leasing requires less cash up front and keeps the money in your pocket.
- You can lease a car that you may not be able to afford otherwise. Paying a small deposit for a new luxury car is easier than trying to come up with cash to finance one. You can get the exact car, color, and features that you are looking for, without paying the premium that comes with buying a car.
- Some leases include maintenance in the monthly cost, saving money on costly out-of-pocket repairs. When you buy a new or pre-owned car, the costs do not stop at the time of purchase. The cost of upkeep and maintenance over the life of the car can be substantial.
- A lease is a great option if you don’t typically put a lot of miles on your car. Lease terms typically include mile limits. If you are someone who works close to home, or even from home, or don’t plan to travel a lot in your vehicle, a lease is an excellent option. You will not be paying a lot of money for a car you will not be using a lot.
- If you find yourself shopping for a new car every few years, leasing is a good way to make this happen. Lease terms vary but are typically 2, 3 or 4 years. This allows you to try out a new car every couple of years.
The Bottom Line
Leasing is a great way to get the car of your dreams and still have money left in your pocket. Deciding whether to buy or lease your next vehicle is a decision you must make based on what is important to you.
To discuss options for leasing your next car, call us at 855-704-3326. We are here to help!