Do your summer plans include a road trip? If you are like millions of Americans hitting the road, the last thing you want is to end up stranded on the side of the road. A pre-trip vehicle service is key to ensuring you make it to your destination as planned.
Dean Honda recommends the following pre-trip checklist:
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Underinflated tires can reduce a vehicle’s fuel efficiency and uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment.
- Get an oil change. Be sure that you are replacing your oil at the recommended intervals. If some time has passed since your last change, do it before our trip.
- Check the brakes. Make sure your brakes are at least 50 percent. If they are lower than that, and you are driving more than 1,000 miles round trip have the brakes changed.
- Check the fluids, including power steering, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant. Top off any fluids that are low and buy extra bottles to keep in the truck, in case you need them on your trip.
- Get new wipers. If it has been awhile since you replaced your windshield wipers, consider changing them before your trip.
- Check to make sure all lights are working. This includes brakes, turn signals, headlights and taillights.
- Get a tune up. Ultimately, the best thing you can do to prep for a road trip is have a professional technician perform a tune up to ensure your vehicle is running smoothly. Schedule an appointment at the Dean Honda Service Center online.
The Dean Honda Service Center is here to help! We service all makes and models and offer extending hours, including Saturdays. In addition, when you get your vehicle serviced with us, you receive a complementary tire and alignment check, as well as a car wash!